When we informed Ashley Owen Hill, the co-founder of Pet Pardons, that her Director of Operations in Canada, Jeromie Williams, was breaking the organization’s rules, and stealing from various ChipIn accounts, she didn’t even respond to us. When we told her about how he had threatened Kim Johnston, her sons in Colorado, their dogs, and Topher Mackenzie, still, she ignored us.
So you can imagine how stunned I was to find that Ms. Hill, who is also the founder of the Lucky Dog Rescue in Meridian, Mississippi, has created a series of at least a dozen disgusting, mean-spirited, and insulting videos. They viciously insult and threaten the public in a way eerily reminiscent of Jeromie Williams. Ashley’s cartoon alter ego even threatens to murder an animal control officer with her “crazy rescue friends” (which includes Jeromie Williams, presumably).
In one video, titled “Animal Rescue Humor: Pet Pardons” (posted January 29, 2011), Ashley warns a concerned citizen that Pet Pardons kills people, and advises him to run (at 4:33).
She says that these videos are just for laughs, but I haven’t laughed once. I don’t think there’s anything funny about them. Particularly not given Jeromie Williams’ long and sordid history of threatening people, including animal rescuers, using vile and violent language.
Similarly, Ashley’s videos are full of obnoxious behaviour, including threats, swearing, and total contempt and disrespect for others, but especially Christians, women, people of colour, the uneducated, Republicans, gays, Wal-Mart employees, part-time workers, gas station workers, Southerners, the poor, the rich, and government officials.
In the video above, for example, Ashley berates a concerned citizen as a “f***ing dumbass” (0:14), and tells him “I think I’m supposed to be polite here, but lucky for me, I don’t f***ing feel like it … You are so damned stupid …” (0:45). “While I appreciate your f**king raw stupidity,” she continues, “you should not be allowed to be alive” (1:49). Indeed, “I can assure you that if I could get my hands on some firearms, you would be my first f***ing target” (2:20).
If you didn’t get the message, she continues to mock the citizen, telling him he should be “promoted to cashier at Wal-Mart” or even “President of the United mother-f***ing States.” (3:20). “Your brain is so damn small,” she tells him, “and f***ing useless…” (3:42). Meanwhile, she describes the other co-founder of Pet Pardons, Chris Hoar, as “the evil mastermind behind” a “f***ing grand murder plot” (1:25), and tells the citizen that if he wants to ask Hoar about this, he can call “800-F***-Yourself” (4:10).
One has to wonder what kind of person would write something like this. Fortunately, Ashley provides the answer: “If you think I’m a b*tch,” she says, “you ain’t seen nothing yet” (4:20).
Indeed. That’s only the first video.
In a video entitled “Dealings with Animal Control,” posted on January 12, 2011,
- Ashley tells an animal control officer “I am the animal rescuer who calls, and harasses your ass all the live-long day” (0:07), and demands that he seize a dog “today, no excuses” (0:38).
- Ashley tells the officer “You should be fired, along with all the other idiots in this office. I should be hired. I do more of your job than you could ever dream of doing. I am awesome at your job. You suck at it. If only we could vote on whether people were qualified to be human beings or not, you would be voted out of the human race on Day One, for being so incredibly worthless” (1:42).
- Ashley tells the officer he should be demoted, “then fired … then put in jail, and then executed” (2:23).
- Ashley warns that if the officer doesn’t seize the dog immediately, she will illegally steal the dog: “the dog is going to come up missing, and you can try to hunt me down, and put me in jail, but here’s a little warning, my rescue friends are crazy … and if you even try to put me in jail, you will come up missing. These are not threats sir. I’m just a crazy rescue lady, who hasn’t taken her medicine. But I can assure you that underestimating me will be the biggest mistake of your life, and all the donuts in the world cannot save you” (2:47).
In a video entitled “Idiots with Puppies,” posted on January 26, 2011,
- Ashley threatens a man with a new “F***tard law”: “Basicaly if you don’t turn every last one of your dogs and puppies over to Animal Control immediately, you will be put to sleep on Thursday of next week” (3:50). When he tries to invite her to a dinner party at his house, she replies, “Yes, I will be there. With a gun” (4:25).
- Ashley berates the man as “so damned stupid” (0:43), “dumbass” (0:54), “nut-f***ing crazy,” and his family as “f***ing tards” (2:48).
- Ashley claims the man’s “sister’s 4th husband most likely is gay, super hero gay, and stupid, dumb as a f***ing biscuit” (1:38).
In a video entitled “Saw your Adoptable Dog on Facebook,” posted on January 19, 2011,
- Ashley berates a man for “listen[ing] to [his] b*tching wife” (1:08), and tells him he should have “told [his] b*tching wife to shut her face” (1:50). The wife, she says, “sounds like a real f***ing peach” (2:58), though she “totally understand[s] her apparent hatred for your existence” (4:27). She also mocks the man’s Christian beliefs (3:03).
- Ashley condemns the man as “worthless,” and claims even his dad agrees that “You should never have been born” (4:03).
In a video entitled “I want to adopt a purebred dog,” posted on January 11, 2011,
- Ashley condemns the man’s sister as a “completely ridiculous person” (0:28), and an “idiot,” and his “crazy loser cousin” (2:53), and berates him for “try[ing] to make [him]self sound smart, while you really sound like an idiot” (1:30), and a “moron” (2:35). It helps, she says “if you have a brain inside your head and some form of education” (2:59).
In a video entitled “May I please take your chained dog?,” posted on January 9, 2011,
- Ashley demands that a man surrender his dog to her, because “you are so damned stupid and lazy” (0:47). When he refuses, she threatens to “prosecute” him under a fake law and make him “spend [his] life in prison” (1:45).
- Ashley threatens the man: “If I ever catch you with another dog again, I’ll personally beat the shit out of you. That is not a threat. It is a fact” (2:24).
In a video entitled “I need you to take this dog,” posted on January 8, 2011,
- Ashley refuses to accept a dog, asking “How is a dog showing up at your house my f***ing problem?” (0:43). “Why don’t you try sticking the dog up your own ass,” she says (1:10). Alternatively, “why doesn’t your sister try getting off her fat ass?” she asks (3:13).
- Ashley berates the man as “braindead” and “f***ing stupid” (1:46 and 3:59) and “a complete f***ing moron” (4:33 and 6:19). She tells him “You may be the stupidest mother-f***er I have ever encountered” (2:59).
- Ashley threatens to “drop kick” other dog owners with her “ninja skills” for being “so f***ing stupid as to not neuter their dog.” And: “I would also like to get a shot at your dumbass cousin” (5:28).
- Ashley clearly implies she is coming to the man’s house to violently attack him and his family: “You sit there and wait for me to show up … Don’t move. Do not leave your house. Just stay right there. Don’t tell me the address. I like to guess and see if I’m right” (5:48).
- Lastly, Ashley apparently supports a policy of eugenics: “Do you have children?” she asks. “You should be f***ing neutered. People that are so incredibly stupid should not be allowed to reproduce” (3:48).
There are more videos I could have added. Some include vile “jokes” about pit bull attacks on children. In a video entitled “Encounter in the vet’s office,” posted on April 21, 2011, Ashley tells a man that “Pit bulls eat children for dinner. They eat adults like you for breakfast” (0:50).
In a video entitled “First Day in Rescue,” posted on January 26, 2011, Ashley calls a member of the public a “deranged idiot” (1:41) and “bats*** crazy” (3:20), and, ironically, given her threats in nearly every other video, warns that “people like you send innocent citizens running for their lives.” Actually, people like Jeromie Williams send innocent citizens running to the police for restraining orders and protection.
Again, one has to wonder what kind of person Ashley Owen Hill really is. Calling people morons, stupid, threatening them, swearing just about every second word. Using guns, threatening to kill people, including government officials, or to just beat them up.
She may say this was all done in humor. I did not laugh once. I do not see any humor here. The Pet Pardons Canadian director, Jeromie Williams, is notorious for stealing money, criminal harassment, and making death threats. We have written about this many times. Ashley Owen Hill has not responded once.
It seems if you are part of Pet Pardons, it’s okay to threaten people. It’s just their standard operating procedure. Let’s just fix that logo of theirs:
Not to mention that in a video entitled “I want to help rescue dogs, kinda,” posted on January 8, 2011, Ashley complains that “I work seven days a week, in addition to spending all my spare time rescuing dogs” (1:30). Well it seems to us she spends all her time making disgusting videos, and writing heart-wrenching stories on her blog (literally all of which beg for donations).
Then, I paid the $400 vet bill I wasn’t quite prepared for, helped Delilah into the car, and drove her home. This weekend, Delilah has required around-the-clock care from me. She’s very weak, very sick, and very needy right now. Seeing her like this… well… it’s beyond heartwrenching.
Initially… upon return, she wouldn’t eat at all. But soon, I learned that “people food” was enough to entice her.
So… instead of dog food, she’s been sharing people food with me. Actually… it’s more accurate to say that I’ve simply been giving her all of my own food, and taking none for myself, which has honestly made me insanely happy. She needs it… much more than I do right now.
In other words, DONATE NOW or she might starve!!! Well, sorry, I just don’t believe her.
As the The Pet Advocates Network has pointed out, there is no transparency at the “Lucky Dog” rescue. No disclosure of financial records, or veterinary records, or adoption records, or anything else. And no website, just a blog, with a call for donations. That’s it.
And the fact that neither she nor Chris Hoar have ever responded to our many questions about Jeromie Williams, his death threats, his many scams, and his embezzlement from legitimate animal rescuers just raises more questions about her, and about Pet Pardons.
Again, we urge you not to donate to any of them. Save your money for legitimate rescuers, who don’t threaten to kill anyone, don’t steal from anyone, and fully and transparently disclose their financial records.
UPDATE (August 13, 2012): Ashley appears to have deleted her Xtranormal account and restricted access to her offensive videos on Youtube. Much like Cayr Ariel Wulff, we’re sure she would love to cover this all up, and pretend it never happened. Unfortunately for her, our network saved copies and screenshots of each and every one of her disgusting videos.