As we have previously revealed, the criminal fraud artist Jeromie Williams was fired in December by the Editor-in-Chief of LiberalAmerica.org, Tiffany Willis. As usual, he proceeded to slander and threaten her and others at LiberalAmerica.org.
Not coincidentally, we are now able to reveal more details about why Jeromie, now an author for the group “Americans Against the Tea Party,” was fired in the first place.
In the words of Ms. Willis, from the beginning Jeromie came “into a peaceful organization and wreaked havoc.” In his own words, Jeromie was guilty of “displaying some very aggravating behaviour and fostering a negative climate which … had a detrimental impact on many people.”
He proceeded to do just that. For posterity, and for anyone who receives a job application from this man, here’s what Jeromie did:
He slandered and harassed other writers, particularly women.
Almost immediately after he sent the message above, Jeromie stirred up trouble by (once again) spreading lies and rumors about others, including Ms. Willis, behind their backs. As Ruth and Gary Namie write in The Bully-Free Workplace: Stop Jerks, Weasels, and Snakes From Killing Your Organization, “Two-headed snake-type bullies aim to control their targets by damaging reputations. Rumors are the tools [they] use to circulate false facts throughout the organization” (p. 105).
When he was informed that this is unacceptable, and his services would no longer be required, Jeromie responded by sending Ms. Willis and two of her senior (female) staff emails filled with vile and obscene “shock pornography,” some of which he downloaded from “the Web’s leading repository of crude filth – probably the most reliable source of tastelessness in the history of the Internet.”
- One picture appears to show a naked underage Asian girl vomiting on another, who is completely covered in vomit. This disgusting and dehumanizing image is consistent with Jeromie’s history of anti-Asian bigotry, including the use and justification of racist epithets like “chink.”
- Another, an animated gif, shows vaginal penetration by bananas, and though her face is not visible, it appears that the girl in the images could be under 18. If so, Jeromie has violated Canadian and American laws prohibiting the possession and distribution of child pornography.
This has been reported to all relevant authorities. (As we have noted previously, Jeromie Williams also maintains an active account on Stickam, which the New York Times has described as “icky”, and is notorious as a playground for internet predators and pedophiles. He has described himself, using a sock puppet account, as a “sexual deviant” and a “sexual predator” who is sexually aroused by “beautiful…little boys.”)
This disgusting behaviour is fully consistent with Jeromie’s history at LiberalAmerica.org. In his own words, Jeromie often “allowed [himself] to treat [other writers] in a manner that wasn’t respectful,” and he is “in need of an attitude adjustment” (which obviously never happened). It reached the point where others had to constantly act as peacekeepers, and Ms. Willis had to spend four hours per day dealing with the problems he caused.
This follows a long pattern of criminal harassment in his previous positions, including workplace and sexual harassment against other Playboy and Gaily employees, cyberstalking, harassing and threatening Kim Johnston and her sons, harassing and threatening the animal rescuers at Operation Sled Dogs, and so on. And it follows a long pattern of sexist, misogynistic attacks on many women, like Ms. Johnston, who Jeromie has called a “saggy titted cunt” and “bitch,” and Calgary MP Michelle Rempel, who Jeromie compared to “hookers” and “Russian brides.”
He repeatedly broke the rules.
In fact, Jeromie even broke the rules he recommended himself, and “rigidly” enforced against other writers while he was the “Managing Editor” of the site. Ms. Willis pointed out this hypocrisy to Jeromie on September 13, 2013:
“[Y]ou seem to have different rules that apply to your own stuff. That’s messed up, don’t you think? … The rules, many of which you’ve pushed through and are quick to enforce, apply to you, too, Jeromie … You’re holding others to standards that you don’t hold yourself to.”
As the Namies write, one of the most commonly adopted tactics of the typical workplace bully is to “Make up his…own rules on the fly that even the bully did not follow” (p. 19). “Gatekeeper-type bullies are the prototypical ‘control freaks,'” they explain. “They care less about actual performance than taking sadistic delight in how much control they can exert over a target’s working conditions” (p. 105).
- Jeromie insisted that, for SEO reasons, others at Liberal America must rewrite at least 75% of any posts they reused from another site. And yet, he reused posts from his own blog, verbatim, not bothering to change a single word, not even the headline.
- Jeromie promoted his own blog in the first sentence of some of his Liberal America posts, when there was apparently an understanding that such self-promotion should be limited to the “bio” section at the end of the posts.
- Similarly, Jeromie abused his Facebook privileges to promote his own blog, and in particular to promote himself (unsuccessfully) in the “Blogger Idol” competition.
Of course, breaking the rules is nothing new for Jeromie Williams. As the “Managing Editor” of Pet Pardons News, he also violated the rules of the organization by posting links to his personal ChipIn accounts using the official Facebook Pet Pardons application. He misused his access to the Pet Pardons twitter account to promote various penny auction site scams. He also repeatedly violated the polices and rules of Google News by using it to spread slanderous lies about others, including Operation Sled Dogs, and in some cases actually incited death threats.
He submitted shoddy work, or none at all.
In his own words, Jeromie was “remised [sic.] in the past in [his] duties.” As we noted above, he often reused posts from his personal blog, and sometimes did not even log in for several days at a time. When confronted, as usual, he made excuses to try to escape accountability: everything from a bad breakup to a broken condom and an AIDS test. This is typical for him:
As Ms. Willis explained to him,
“At ODF, you didn’t get the job done [#3 above]. At LA you got too big for your britches and thought you were above the rules [#2]. And you can’t get along with people [#1]. I’d prefer you not be in any position of authority for that reason. You seem very self-serving … admin rights and authority seem to take you to another place mentally, where you think you’re in control of things and people.”
Exactly. Which brings us to #4…
He agitated for greater admin authority incessantly, and abused the access he had.
As we noted above, Jeromie abused his Facebook privileges to promote his own blog, and in particular to promote himself (unsuccessfully) in the “Blogger Idol” competition on the main Liberal America Facebook page. When he lost his “manager” status on the page, he went on a series of egocentric rants about his hurt feelings. (“It hurts my feelings…I thought maybe it would be nice not to feel like the towel boy watching the rest of the team play together, and hoping the coach would ‘put me in’…”)
He later refused to accept a (richly deserved) demotion “from editor to writer,” despite #1, #2 and #3 above.
But perhaps most egregiously, according to Ms. Willis, Jeromie tricked her into providing access to her “editor” email account by promising to “work his magic” and “get LA indexed in Google News” (just as he had earlier done at Pet Pardons News, with disastrous results). But once he had the password, “He then proceeded to wipe out the entire email database.” Specifically, “he ended up clearing out my editor email account of all email history. Very unethical and probably illegal.” It is possible he also stole some or all of the email archive before deleting it, perhaps to share with his new employers at Americans Against the Tea Party.
From what we can tell, Ms. Willis gave Jeromie more chances than he deserved, and still tried to help him even after he had burned every last bridge at LiberalAmerica.org. This, apparently, is how he repaid her. Plus slander and threats, of course.
Oh, and more sexism:
Incidentally, one wonders how the “owners” of Americans Against the Tea Party (AATTP) would react if a member of the Tea Party spewed such virulent sexism. Or racism. Or death threats. Or stole thousands of dollars from progressive causes like animal rescue and welfare. As it turns out, their website offers a clue:
“The hatred, division, virulent, unpredictable anger, violent threats and posturing by the Tea-Baggers present a real danger … Americans Against The Tea Party is a group committed to exposing the Tea Party’s lies, violence, racism, ignorance, intolerance, bigotry…”
But apparently “hatred, division, virulent, unpredictable anger, violent threats and posturing … lies, violence, racism, ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry” are just fine when they come from AATTP’s own authors. They have ignored all of my emails concerning Jeromie Williams, beginning on December 14, 2013.
He lied about “co-founding” one of Ms. Willis’s sites.
Jeromie told many lies at LiberalAmerica.org, but in terms of sheer brazenness, it would be tough to match his claims that he “co founded” one of Ms. Willis’s sites, and that it is “his”:
Naturally, the actual founder of the site, Ms. Willis, did not appreciate this. While she is certainly correct that Jeromie is a pathological narcissist, he is also, quite clearly, a pathological liar (see this list for ten of the many hoaxes he has perpetrated).
This site offers some helpful advice to help spot pathological liars. For example,
Consider whether the person is lying to gain attention. Part of the reason the pathological liar feels compelled to lie is because he or she may feel as though being in the spotlight has eluded them. This person feels that he or she should be the center of everyone’s universe and will do what he or she can to make it happen. Upon tasting the spotlight, it becomes self-reinforcing and the lies grow bigger each time just to keep on being the center of attention. Here are some possibilities:
- Sympathy attention. The pathological liar feels that his or her problems are paramount to what everyone else is experiencing. From a paper cut to being admonished by a boss or teacher, the pathological liar runs around telling his or her story to anyone and everyone, exaggerating the details to ridiculous proportions in order to gain sympathy from anyone within earshot.
- Wants to feel important. The pathological liar is the king or queen of the “one upper.” Whatever accomplishment you’ve achieved, they done it better. This person always has to feel superior to you at all times, no matter if it’s in the professional or personal arena.
- Feels bored. Unfortunately, because this person’s life is not rooted in reality, he or she may become easily bored if drama is not swirling around his or her head. As a result, lies may be fabricated in order to amuse or entertain this person, which unfortunately means that other people become involved and possibly hurt as a result.
- Insecurity. Low self esteem is one of the biggest reasons why people become pathological liars. Whether they consciously recognize it or not, a pathological liar feels that he or she is not important enough as they are so they must make up accomplishments or events to position themselves as worthy.
And Jeromie has all the bases covered.
- Sympathy? A horrible breakup (many times) and a broken condom and an AIDS test (many times). Check!
- Wants to feel important? Not only did Jeromie co-found one of Ms. Willis’s sites, he has “travelled the world” to build hospitals for the poor, vaccinate them, and educate their doctors and nurses (yeah, he actually wrote that). Check!
- Creates drama to relieve boredom? Check!
- Making up accomplishments to position himself as worthy? This is a man who nominated himself for a Medal of Bravery via an online form and then included it on his CV, which also includes such gems as “Cooked cheeseburgers with Jack Layton” (Jack Layton served him a cheeseburger once) and “Survived being hit by lightning.” Check!
We will explore these issues further in upcoming posts.